Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Closet Gangsta

So one of my friends recently wrote a blog about being a closet hippie. On my way home from work today, I had my windows down and was bumping my N.E.R.D. CD. Usually, when I'm blaring any type of rap or hip/hop, I close my windows and turn down the volume as I approach a light. It got me thinking...I'm a closet Gangsta. OK...so not really...but I do have a love for Gangsta music. I know, I know...I'm a white girl from Ohio with no rhythm. I guess it started in High School when I really started listening to it. I used to hang out with a lot of guys and most of my best friends were male. So I guess it was just inevitable. I love the beats and trying to learn all the fast-tonged chorus'. I am always super self-concussions listening to it alone in my Honda Element (can we say yuppie?) with Big Tymers, Jay-Z, or Snoop blaring over my speakers. Or when I'm listening to it on my computer at work and someone walks in and I quickly hit the Function-PgDn keys to mute my beats. But today was different. I was inspired by my friend to not care what people think and to not judge a book by it's cover. So I proudfully stopped at a red light and didn't even make an attempt to put my windows up. I shouldn't be ashamed by it and I won't anymore. Hello my name is Sarah, and I'm a closet Gansta. What you know about Bone Thuggs - OHIO represent! :)

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

Good for you-sista

Be proud to represent. I love it!