Friday, November 14, 2008

What Due Date?

I'm convinced that there is no real science to a due date. Mine has changed so many times I can't even keep track any more. Basically, when I went to the doctor this past Wednesday I was supposed to be 20 weeks. However, after measurements my doctors said I looked 22 weeks. This actually dates me back to my original expected due date based off my last period/conception. Since I was tracking my cycle pretty regularly for a few months I knew this date for a fact. When I first went into the doctor thinking I was 8 weeks pregnant, I was confused when she told me I was only 6 weeks. So I guess I "caught" up that missing two weeks. So, if I'm really 22 weeks that puts me at March 13th as a due date. However, when people ask I just say mid-March because I know the date really doesn't matter. The other thing is that Deo and I were getting excited about having an Aries baby (for different reasons of course) which would be after March 20th. I like the Aries zodiac sign and think it will mesh well with mine and Deo's signs (I know...I believe in crazy stuff like that). Deo, however, really wanted a "ram" baby which is the what the Aries sign is. He's a St. Louis Rams fan and I, of course, am a Steelers. We've already been discussing whether our baby will be a Rams or Steelers fan and he kept joking that the baby will be born a Ram! Either way, it doesn't look this will happen which means Steelers all the way. I know most of you actually read my blog will think all of this is ridiculous! Zodiac signs and football fans...real important stuff, huh? But that's us :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can worry about whatever you want coming from the girl that DID NOT want to share her birthday :)!

M said...

I personally think that March 13th is a fantastic birthday! (and certainly do not mind sharing;)