Friday, October 15, 2010

Pretty Obvious

So I realize my clues were pretty obvious. We are pregnant again!. We are 12 weeks along this journey, although the baby is measuring 13 weeks. We went yesterday for my 12 week check-up as well as the Ultra Screen. The technician performing the Ultra Screen seemed shocked that the baby was so large thought I was for sure farther along than 12 weeks. I reassured her that my first pregnancy was measuring 2 weeks further along and Trey ended up coming 1 day before his due date, but was almost 10 pounds. Once I told her that, she was like, "Oh, OK." So you'll probably just have another big baby.

So back-tracking a bit, we actually found out pretty much as soon as you can find out. Like with Trey, I was thinking I was farther along than what I really was (still very confused about how it all works out but oh well). We had some concerns early on since I was having pretty heavy bleeding almost through 10 weeks (TMI). My doctor had me coming in about twice a week to do blood work and ultra sounds and everything kept coming back like a normal healthy pregnancy. We saw the heart beat at about 8 weeks and then again just this week (and heard it). So I guess so far so good. I realize you are never "out of the woods" but things are starting to feel more "normal."

So far this pregnancy has been the complete opposite of Trey's. I've been super sick since pretty much the day this baby started growing inside me, but have just started to turn the corner into feeling OK to eat, although I still have my days where the thought of food in general makes me want to hurl. Nothing every really sounds good. I've been trying to good about eating healthy options especially since I'm not eating a lot. I've been eating a lot of fruit and peanut butter toast. I've been extremely fatigued and have had very little patience with my family (which I feel horrible for). I'm already starting to show although I've actually lost 5 lbs since I became pregnant.

Deo and I are convinced it's a little girls since it's been difficult from day 1, (she's preparing us early), but who knows. We'll find out the gender just before Christmas which will be fun! Oh and due date? April 24th, 2011, which is actually Easter this year. I'm excited to have an April baby (Trey's March, this will be April, and I'm May). That also means Trey his sibling will be 2 years and 1 month apart...which is kind of crazy. It doesn't seem that close in age when you hear it like that, but right now it feels like they are on top of each other. I always wanted our kids close in age but now I'm not so sure why.

We are very happy and excited about this new journey in our life. It's weird not really having to buy anything for this new baby so it feels like there is not a lot to prep for. We'll just take things as they come and roll with the punches and hopefully by next Spring we'll be welcoming our new baby boy or baby girl into our family!

No comments: