I feel guilty for saying this, but I feel almost more excited for our new little bundle of joy to arrive than I felt for our first one. I'm about 3 months out still but I lie in bed at night so anxious with anticipation. I feel like I cannot wait for her to get here.
I think I may feel more excited than before is because I know more now about what to expect (and no I still haven't read the dreaded "What to Expect When your Expecting book). With the first one, I was worried. I was worried if I would be a good mom. I was worried about not knowing what to do. I was worried about labor. I was worried if I could handle the sleepless nights. I was worried about changing gross diapers. I was worried about missing out "child-free" nights. But now, I know that even with all of the struggles and worries and sleepless nights and poopy diapers a baby brings, it does not even compare to the complete happiness she will bring. I know that it is all worth it in the end to see that little person you helped create look up into your eyes and melt your heart. I know the giggles will flood our house. I know the pride I will feel when she rolls over or wobbles up to her two feet for the first time.
Even though I may still dread a little the sound of the breast pump, the crying in the baby monitor at 1am...2am...3am..., the seemingly endless tar-like poopy diapers....I know now...and I cannot wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment