Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Writer

"Good Work. You're a Good Writer." This is the most recent feedback from my Teaching Assistant for my online Self-Management class on an article review. For the longest time, I have always catalogued one of my weaknesses as an inability to write well. Basically, going through High School and College, I recognized the fact that I was not the best writer. Maybe it's because I always scored higher in my Math classes than English, and I assumed that if I was good at Math I would have to be bad at English. Additionally, I never enjoyed English, writing composition and the like. However, somewhere in the midst of "learning" I think I learned to become a better writer. Although it might not be evident in my blog rants, I have been getting increasing feedback from my graduate school professors about my writing skills and it has just started to sink into my consious confidence. The only reason this is even notable to me is that this is an area in which I recognized a weakness and actively worked at strengthening it and can now see results. Honestly, I can credit it to my English 101 teacher my first semester at the UofA, and one of my team mates in my Marketing capstone senior year. Both people helped me become a better writer, which my grad grades are now thankful for. It makes me want to start actively working on my other weaknesses now that I know I can make an effort to change and see results.

No comments: