Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nothing to Blog

So I've been getting harassed about updated my blog. I must admit, I am not the best blogger. First, I don't really have anything to blog about. Second, I am not creative enough to come up with any cool, readable blogs. Third, I'm not good about updated it when I can think of something to blog about.

Whenever I sit down and peruse through my list of favorite blogs, I can't seem to think of anything to blog about. I work and go to school. Lately, that's all I feel like I do. I've been getting stir crazy by not doing anything...well...anything with my life lately. So instead of waiting for something cool to blog about, I guess I can just blog about just that. These are top three things on my mind right now.

1) Summer graduate classes suck! Although it is nice getting the class over with in 4 week...that's right only 4 weeks...it's very tiring for me to have to go to class 2 nights a week for 5 hours. And because the classes are accelerated that means that we typically only have a week at most to complete our homework. All I know is I'm glad that this is the only summer I will have to take graduate classes (at least for a long while).

2) Balancing life while in school is very difficult for me. I am the type of person who has to get things done immediately after it is assigned. So when I have homework due, it looms over me like a dark cloud until it is complete. Trying to devote adequate time to my studies seems to take precedence over most things in my life, which I need to work on. It's difficult for me to balance this with my personal life...of which I do not have right now. Right now I'm trying to juggle a new work out routine, a new marriage, a new dog training program, 2 classes and family life.

3) There is a silver lining to this dark cloud. Soon I will be finished with school (May 2009!!!) and then I can redirect some of my energy to other things I want to do. I really want to have the time to devote to my working out and getting in better shape. Scrapbooking. Dog training. Decorating my house. The list goes on.

3 comments:

Cinbin said...

Hang in there! It was totally hard for me too, balancing the whole relationships and work and life thing, but you can do it!

Anonymous said...

You do have stuff to blog about and I am glad some of my "harassing" help you post something new! =)

Xochi Mama said...

Don't Fret... Everyone who goes through grad school feels like this (well almost everyone). I totally felt like that, my friends totally felt like that, the husband totally feels like that right now. It gets better-I promise. Once you're done, you will feel like your life is beginning again. You'll be able to do all the cool things that you don't have time for right now. The end is in sight! You can do it! That piece of paper is really worth it.