Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pregnant in Vegas

This is me at 27 weeks:

This is me at 29 weeks in Vegas.


To be honest, I REALLY didn't want to go Vegas. When my husband told me that the Cats were finally making it to a bowl game (1st time in 10 years), I was excited. I was not as excited when my husband proposed the idea of actually going to the bowl game. Especially when the game was in Vegas. I had visions of being stuck in a smokey hotel room all by myself while everyone else was partying it up Vegas. I wouldn't even be able to go into any of the casinos because you can basically smoke everywhere in Vegas. And then there was walking the strip...woo hoo...waddling along with my aching feet. None of it sounded appealing. But I do love my husband. I knew he really wanted to go and if I had really said so, we wouldn't have gone and watched the game at home while my in-laws were there. So I decided to suck it up and try to make the best of it. And you know what...I actually am so glad I went even though I am still recovering from exhaustion. I had to work late on Friday because of graduation, and the game started at 5:00pm on Saturday. So me, my husband, and my brother left at 3:00am Saturday morning (Deo and I only on five hours of sleep). Deo drove the whole way. We got it around 11am, went the hotel for five minutes, and then were out the door. A "bonus" of the trip was that the Arizona basketball team was playing UNLV at Noon, so of course we had to go there only to see them get blown out of the water. After the embarrassing loss, we packed back up in the car, headed back to the hotel for another five minutes and then left for the football game. It was overcast and cold so we all bundled up, drank lots of hot chocolate, and tried to stay warm during the game. It was an incredible game and if you don't follow the Cats...we did win which was a major upset! We ended up "rushing the field" (it was actually like slowing piling onto the field) which was pretty cool. We weren't going to because I was worried about it being too crazy and getting trampled on...but when we saw only like 50 people or so on the field we decided it was safe. My little brother-in-law got to get lots of photos with football players which he loved. Here's one of the pictures of Boogie with one of the UA football players.

We finally made it back to the hotel and I crashed. My brother and Deo tried to "go out" but only made it long enough for $3.99 steak and eggs in the hotel restaurant and then back to bed. We slept in a bit, went to breakfast buffet, walked the strip for about an hour and then it was back in the car to head home. It was a very exhausting trip but one that I'm glad I went on. My only hope is that we can make it to the bowl again next year so hopefully I won't be as tired.

Oh ya...and I forgot to mention the real "bonus" of the trip: David Hasselhoff sang the National Anthem!










No comments: