Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tres Months

I can't believe my little boy is 3 months old already! A couple weeks ago, when Trey actually turned 3 months, our amazing friend, Nando, came over and held a photo shoot with our bundle of joy. Trey started off a little fussy and not wanting to get into any of the pre-selected positions I had wanted. However, I think he started to get into it after awhile, even if it was for only a few short minutes. Nando ended up getting some really great shots.


Some things I hope to remember from this age are:
  • the way he sticks his little tongue out from his adorable, gummy smile
  • the way his eyes widen like silver dollars when I turn on a bright light
  • how he talks to his lion, monkey, and hippo friends on his bouncer in the morning
  • his rolling laughter when I give him fishy-kisses, butterfly kisses, Eskimo kisses, European kisses, Trey kisses, Mommy kisses, Daddy kisses, Toby kisses...and any other kisses I can think of
  • how he is so, so close to rolling over and how excited I get when I think "this will be the time"
  • they way he looks like a little bird when he lifts his head off the floor during tummy time

I love that my little guy will still cuddle with me and will cry just becuase he wants me to hold him. And how holding him really does comfort him and make him happy. I try to remember this most of all as I hear this stage goes by quicker than any mom expects. For now, I'm still the only woman in his life.



I love his different facial expressions; how he can be so thoughtful and inquisitive. Everyday it seems as if he recognizes something new. I do my best to read to him everyday. Right now, he seems to enjoy a touch-and-feel book I recently picked up, but is now starting to want to taste-and-eat his books as well.



I love how he looks at me when I go to get him from his crib in morning. Did I mention that I love that he sleeps in his own crib and through the night? I LOVE that! Even though I get sad that this very fact is really testing me at allowing him his independence...and it's harder than I could ever imagine. All of those "you'll understand when you have kids" speeches I heard as a child all make perfect sense to me now.

And who could forget that cute little baby bottom!





1 comment:

LB said...

Love these! Tres month for Trey- love it! So glad you're really enjoying your little guy!