Monday, July 13, 2009

Record-Keeping

July 1, 2009: TREY ROLLED OVER FOR THE FIRST TIME. We were leaving for vacation the next day and I had to exchange some clothes I purchased before we left. So I ran to do this, and some last minute errands, during my lunch hour. I was in the dressing room of New York and Company making sure my new shorts would fit when I got a call from Deo. "He finally did it!" We had been waiting for him to do it for quite a while since he was so, so, so close to rolling over. Deo said he laid him down on his play mat to do the dishes. Half-way through the dishes he heard his cooing get a little muffled, looked over and he was laying on his belly. As he was walking over to him, he then rolled back over on his back. Then called me of course!

July 11, 2009: TREY SAID HIS FIRST WORD, "MA MA." I was up in Phoenix at my Aunt Lauri's house for the day. I was up in her room nursing Trey while she was putting clothes away. He was being a little fussy and in the midst of his gurgles and coos he distinctly cried, "MA MA." My and aunt and I looked at each other in disbelief wondering if the other one had heard it too. Even though he may not exactly know what he was saying, it was definitively "Ma Ma." I called Deo and of course he didn't believe me. The next day, some of Deo's family was over and I was telling them the story and they are all looking at me like I'm crazy. I left to drop some things off at my brother's house and when I returned they all were excited as they said Trey said "Ma Ma" again. They said he was fussing around and cried it out, similarly to how he did it with me. Even though Deo doesn't think he knows what he is saying (I think he totally knows), he did say it was clearly "Ma Ma" coming from his mouth!!!!

July 11, 2009: THE FIRST TIME I SAW TREY ROLL OVER. Even though Deo said Trey's been rolling over since the beginning of the month, I had yet to actually see him do it. It was while I was up in Phoenix as my aunt's and Trey was laying on the floor. We were all prepping dinner and all of a sudden, my aunt looked over and saw Trey on his belly. We rushed over there and he totally was hanging out, peering around on his little belly. A couple minutes later he rolled right back over to his back. I was glad I finally got to see him do it!

No comments: