1) Our first Christmas was fabulous with Trey. He definitely didn't quite get any of it, but is not loving all the toys he got from Santa. He especially loves his lion walker/rider and his alphabet letter magnets on the fridge.
2) After Christmas, we had a whirlwind vacation. First, we had a surprise baby shower for Julie at the Chantilly Tea House. Shortly thereafter, we went to San Diego to see the Wildcats "play" in the Holiday Bowl. We got a butts kicked, and that's putting in nicely, but it was a good experience. Afterward, we took an impromptu trip to Vegas to celebrate the New Year.
Here is Julie with her sisters, one who is also pregnant and due any day now!
Here is Trey all bundled up to bring in 2010 Vegas style.
3) Welcomed Charles Edward Thompson on January 15th. Julie went in for her scheduled c-section and everything went as planned. He was a big baby, weighing in over 10 lbs! I got to watch Ella and Cole while Adam and Julie were at the hospital which was a fun treat for me, too.
4) Before we knew it, February was here and we were celebrating Valentine's Day. My hunny sent me flowers at work which was a nice surprise. Trey got a special package from his Grandma and Grandpa Diaz with a cute teddy bear that smelled like chocolate.
5) Now we're in March and ready for some new adventures. I will be leaving for a week to take a group of students to New York City which will be my longest time away from the bubba. I know I will miss him but am looking forward to getting a whole week's worth of full nights sleep!
It's crazy to go back and see what all we've done so far since 2010 and we're only 2 month into it. While all the hectic events we had going on, we also managed to pile in work, Deo's work traveling, birthdays, and a new fitness class I signed up for that I'll have to blog about later!
No comments:
Post a Comment