Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Look in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane. No, it's just my dumb ass!

So I'm taking the time to publicly give myself a pat on the back. I felt very superwomanish today. Monday, Deo had surgery to go in and clean up his knee so he can hopefully walk without pain for at least for another 5-10 years until he will probably need a knee replacement (OK, so a little exaggeration but probably not too far off). After doing double duty at home since he has pretty much immobilized, I have been exhausted. I sleep like a rock, yet wake up feeling like I got no rest at all. As I pulled into work today, I realized how much I accomplished in just half a day.


Just this morning, I:
  1. got the baby dressed and ready (which included a shower with me)
  2. took the baby to the sitter's
  3. finished 2 loads of laundry
  4. collected the trash around the house
  5. fed the dogs
  6. took Deo to the doctor's
  7. stopped for Starbucks
  8. ate a healthy lunch
  9. changed Trey's bed sheets
  10. changed our bed sheets
  11. started packing for the long weekend
As I pulled into the parking lot at work I realized it was only 12:15 and I was feeling pretty proud. Then it hit me; I still had a full days work to get done before leaving or a week and a half. We're heading up tonight to Flagstaff for my brother-in-law's 8th grade promotion. We'll stay until Monday and then I head off to Florida for a work conference for the rest of the week. Hello June! Oh, I also wanted to give myself another shout out. For those of you that remember my blog about my baby weight; since joining WeightWatchers 6 weeks ago I've lost 10lbs!

This blog goes out to all you superwomen out there; I know I'm not the only one! I give props to you all...we make the world go round!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ARE superwoman! You'll deserve that vacation, big time! So I forgot to tell you that you inspired me to try WW online too! Loving it. Thanks for helping me get motivated to give it a try.