So it's been 11 weeks since I've started my Weight Watchers "lifestyle change" and I have to say, it's actually working. I started losing weight right off the bat, but the first month and half seemed slow. Losing about a pound a week, you don't really notice it all that much. Then the second month kicks in and you can really start seeing the difference. That's when all the comments started coming in, too, about how you look like like you've lost weight. Co-workers, family, Trey's sitter; everyone was noticing. Even the neighbor lady sweeping her driveway on my running path made a comment about how the "running is really working." My pre-pregnancy clothes are finally fitting me again which has opened up an entire new wardrobe! I feel like I went on a shopping spree in my closet with all of the stuff I can now wear again.
Here are my stats:
17 total pounds lost to date
down 1 pant size
At first it doesn't seem like 17 pounds is all that much, then a co-worker mentioned to me to think about it in terms of sticks of butter (4 sticks = 1lb) and that made me realize how much it really was. It a little annoying to only see the scale drop 1-2 pounds per week, but I'm confidant in knowing that it's the healthy way to do it and that it usually stays off longer than doing a fad or crash diet. I'm still a little ways from my goal and from my healthy weight range but it definitely feels good to be back on the right track.
No comments:
Post a Comment