Thursday, September 23, 2010

Missing September

September has been one of those crazy months for our family. Since we both work around the Higher Education calendar, it is a super busy time at work for both Deo and me. For this means a lot of missing each other and family time. Poor Trey has been having longer days than usual at the sitter, and there's some days we don't even know who is picking him up until an hour before he needs picked up. This week alone has been extra stressful as I had to travel for work, in addition to Deo traveling. Deo's been making the drive to and from Phoenix on almost a daily basis, just so we could at least get the nights together. I feel so bad for our little bubba during this time of year because you definitely see it's taking a toll on him. I don't remember when we last sat down as a family and ate a home cooked dinner (which for us is rare). It's times like this when I wish I could stay at home full-time so at least he Trey has some consistency at home with Deo's travel schedule. The only good thing about it is that it does end. Once we hit October, my schedule will slow (a little bit) and hopefully so will Deo's. I'm excited for Fall holidays and anxious to spend some quality time with my family making memories.

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

I feel the same way. I actually just blogged about this exact subject. Why are things in September so absolutely nuts?