I've been getting the name question for awhile now and I realized never officially announced our little girl's name. I think probably because I'm one of the most indecisive persons in the world and we've been debating between 3 names for a long time. We started calling her one of the names to give it a feel and see how we liked it, and it just kind of stuck, unofficially. So unless I see our little girl and the name just doesn't seem to fit for some reason (or unless our little girl turns out to be a little boy), her name will be....
Marie Ann Diaz!
I'm traditional and like traditional names, but still wanted something unique. I also really wanted to use family names if possible. Marie is my middle name and Ann is both my mom's and Deo's mom middle name. Although Marie is fairly common, I feel like it is a much more common middle name than first name which makes it feel a little more unique to me. I also realize that her initials will be MAD...but I've just come to accept that. Hopefully the meaning of the name doesn't really have that much to do with her personality, because I looked up the meaning of Marie and it means 'bitter.' Hopepfully we will not have a mad, bitter, little girl. Ann means 'gracious' so maybe at least she will be graciously mad and bitter.
2 comments:
I like it. I am sure she would be neither mad nor bitter but rather the most perfect little girl ever.
Personally, I think we look into things too much.
"A Rose by any other name, would smell as Sweet."
How can she be anything but Sweet with you and Deo for Parents.
Nana
Post a Comment