Monday, January 7, 2008

Back 2 School

Photobucket

Well, tomorrow marks my first day back to school after a nice, long break. It's funny how easily you get out of the groove and used to coming home from work and not doing homework. Not planning out your weekend around group meetings and paper writing sessions. Not going to school is much more of a motivation than anything else for me....I can't wait to be done. If you don't know yet, I applied to a different Master's program. I am now a Lumberjack of the blue and sage. For the past year and a half (I can't really believe it's been that long) I was working toward my Masters in Educational Psychology through the UofA. But after a year and half, I only have 4 classes completed. After only being able to enroll in only one class, again, in the Spring semester, I realized it was going to take me forever to complete this program. The program at the UA is primarily geared for full-time graduate students and the majority of the classes conflicted with my work schedule. I haven't even been able to take any summer classes because they are all run during the day. A few colleagues of mine are enrolled at the NAU Distance campus so I started doing some research. Basically, by going through NAU, I can complete the program by Spring 2009 instead of the 5 years it would probably take me at UA. The program is still a Masters through the Educational Psychology department, but with an emphasis in Human Relations. All of my classes transfer and all of the requirements through NAU are very similar to what I would be taking at the UA.

It is, however, kind of a change since I'm SOOO used to the UofA's environment. It's kind of nice to have a change of pace and it's actually interesting to learn more about another school instead of Arizona. I log in to LOUIE to add my classes instead of Student Link. And it's called LOUIE because their mascot is Louie the Lumberjack. I may be a Lumberjack for the time being, but I'm a Wildcat for LIFE!!!!

No comments: