So I haven't blogged in a while...mainly because I feel like I have nothing important to write about. I pretty much live my life, day-to-day, which is pretty dull and boring. I work, go to school Tuesdays, come home and cook dinner, maybe watch some boob tube, spend some snuggle time with my hunny, and go to bad. Wake up...and start the day over again. I look forward to weekends the most!
This past weekend was a long weekend, which was nice. Even though we just got back to work after sailing through the wedding, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, it felt like a long time since Deo and I got to spend some quality time together. We both had the whole long weekend off, which is very rare. But we didn't even do anything worth doing. We watched a lot of movies and spent some well-needed quality time with our dogs. We were able to take to our dogs on a long walk every day of the weekend and even a fun trip to the dog park.
It was Hannah's first time to the dog park and we were a little worried. But she did really good. She shied away at first and got aggressive at some points, but the people that there were there were really nice and I think that makes a difference. We used to go to a dog park where the snobby dog owners would snub their nose at our mutt-of-a-Toby and take their dogs away when Toby would try to play with them. I'm sorry, but don't take your dogs to a dog park if you don't want them to socialize. And the way dogs socialize is by barking, nipping, and some occasional humping. So to get back to my story, Toby and Hannah did super. It was really funny how Toby could recognize Hannah's bark among all the other dogs' and he would come running to her rescue when she was getting attacked. It's also funny to see the different personalities come out in our dogs. Toby had to be in the middle of every squabble, would run after every ball throw, and always tried to join one of the packs of dogs playing together (to which the pack of dogs would ostracize poor Toby like the dorky kid on the playground). Hannah, on the other hand, is very timid and shy. She didn't like playing with other dogs and would just follow at the end of the group running around. And of course, ALL the dogs wanted to play with her...and sniff her. It was fun to be able to spend time with them since we take them for granted so often.
As I'm running long on my blog, I'll quicken my movie review of our long movie weekend I wanted to post:
Cloverfield: Not my kind of movie. Made me motion-sick for the rest of the day. Deo really liked it if that's any indication.
Shoot-em up: The title says it all. A movie about guns and shooting. Corny lines and over-sexed characters. Entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.
Perfect Stranger: Definitely worth renting. Twists and keeps you guessing. And I LOVE Giovanni Ribisi...even though he was really creepy in this.
Stardust: Fantasy-filled, magical movie geared for or kids. And a happily-ever-after in the end. I LOVED this movie...if that's any indication.
No comments:
Post a Comment