Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby, Check. Gender, Check. Name...

So once you start visibly showing that you are pregnant, the first question people start asking you is, "Do you what you're having yet?" After you answer "No" inevitably you will hear, "What do you want?" or "Do you have a preference?" Now that I have an answer to the baby gender question, we skip right to, "Have you thought about any names yet?" We actually had our names picked out for both genders pretty early on. Since Deo is actually Deo Jr. and I am very into tradition and family names, we've decided to pass Deo's unique name on to our son. So, yes, our son will be named Deo Daniel Diaz the Third...I know...a mouthful. And I guess I should clarify that when I say "we decided" I really mean that when I first started dating Deo, I basically had to agree to name our first son this. Even though this is very true, we did talk about it and Deo said that if I really didn't want to use this name that we didn't have to but I actuallythink it's pretty neat to be able to continue this family tradition with our heir. The bigger question that now arises is what to call our baby boy. Deo Sr. goes by Deo and Deo Jr. actually goes by his middle name, Danny; so what do we call our son? I refuse to call him "Little Deo" or "Little Danny" and because his initials will be DDD, it's had to come up with something catchy that utilizes those. Our first choice right now is to call him Trey, even though I think it's a bit cliche. But the more we start to refer to my growing belly as baby Trey, it's definately starting to grow on me. So it looks like Trey Diaz it will be unless we think of anything else in the next 3 months. Or who knows, he may arrive and we end up calling him something totally different. Baby, Check. Gender, Check. Name, Check. I wonder what questions will come next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think carrying on the tradition of the name is cool and I like Trey!

Unknown said...

If I remember correctly, the next question is, "oooh, when are you due and how are you feeling?" and comes with a sympathetic look which makes you feel like you are as big as a house and people fear you'll drop a baby right then and there. =) Can't wait to meet Deo Daniel Diaz, III.