Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Baby's Room...Check

No, the baby's room isn't done yet. We actually haven't even started it. But we've finally made decisions on what we are going to do with is. Below is a picture of the Sahara bedding by Cocalo we decided on. This was a big step because I was all over the place with how I wanted to decorate the room. We basically had 4 completely opposite directions we were thinking about: 1) Jungle Animals, 2) Stars and Moons, 3) Nursery Rhymes or 4) Winnie the Pooh. What made it even worse is that I found really cute bedding for each one that I really liked. The Sahara one we decided on was actually Deo's find (I actually didn't care for it at all at first). But then it started to grow on me and the more I looked at it. We also found these really cute stuffed animals that we want to decorate with. You can find all kinds of cute stuff on the website, www.besteverinc.com.




Realizing that I have only about 10 weeks left, this break I started making more and more decisions about baby stuff. I worked diligently for about 2 days straight, reading my "Baby Bargains" book and surfing the net for items to put on my "wish list." So far, I've gotten the following items picked out: crib, mattress, bedding, furniture, wall color and decorations, stroller, car seat, pack n' play, diaper disposal system, and high chair. The Baby Bargains book, which I highly recommend to first-time moms, actually suggests to wait on a lot of the other "stuff" until the baby actually comes. This makes a lot of sense to me and I'm going to try to stick by this rule as much as possible as to not over-purchase. For instance, I was looking at swings and vibrating seats, but the book says that your baby might not even like either of them. It's suggestion, wait until your baby is born and then try it out to even see if and what kind your baby prefers. The other plus on waiting and not getting carried away with "new mom shopping syndrome" is the fact that my nephew will be outgrowing many of his things as our baby arrives. That way, hopefully Cole will hand many of these down to his new cousin! Finally I feel like things are starting to come together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bedding and those animals are awesome! Good pick! We may have some items you can "try out" too as Baby T outgrows them....