Well, we are under a week before Christmas is here...and I get more sad as each second passes. I wish it could be the week before Christmas all the time. I get sad that it will all be over very shortly. We will have to take down our lights outside and our decorations inside; our walls will appear empty and bare after the bustle from Christmas. Our first real Christmas tree is starting to dry out and it will soon be time to bag it up and take it to the curb. Deo surprised me today after he got home from work by taking me to Winterhaven to see the lights. It's one of my favorite things to do in Tucson as it's one of the only Christmas traditions we have here (or that I am familiar with). I'm trying to get all my Christmas music in before Deo won't let me listen to it anymore, and I'm trying to watch all my Christmas movies before it seems tacky to watch them outside of the season. I'm plugging my Christmas tree and my little gingerbread village in, even when I'm home alone to soak up all the Christmas spirit before it's too late.
During our walk in Winterhaven, I started thinking about some New Years resolution that Deo and I could do; something really good, instead of my typical "lose weight and work out more" resolution. We thought of the idea that we research a non-profit that we both really take an interest in and dedicate time once a month to volunteer with them. I know to most people, once a month doesn't seem like a big deal. But for us it is, and seems very realistic. So our next step is to start some research on different organizations that we feel passionate about before the first of the year. Also, I've been thinking about starting to go to Church again. I've had my struggles with organized religion lately, but have recently been thinking about my Catholic upbringing a lot and feel like I should start attending again on a regular basis.
A lot to think about in the next few weeks, but it will be a good start to a new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment