Sunday, March 16, 2008

New York, Here We Are

Here we are...finally in New York. After a 2-hour flight delay out of Tucson to Atlanta and a confusing boarding from Atlanta, we are now waiting in our hotel room for our luggage to arrive. For whatever reason, the plane and crew arriving into Tucson was 2 hours late and due to regulations the crew needed to sleep. So our 6:45am flight didn't leave until 9:00am. Getting into ATL, Delta for some reason booked us on two flights: one at 4:40pm and 6:40pm. We were able to get on the 4:40 one, but they (again for some reason) checked our bags in the 6:40 flight. We arrived (after a long shuttle ride) to our hotel at 8:45pm. We checked in real quick as we had a 9:00pm group meeting with our students. As we are meeting with our students in the lobby area on the 17th floor (where the woman on the reservation line told me to go), we got yelled at and kicked out of saying we didn't have approval to use that area. After a quick bite of New York pizza (YUM!), Pam and I headed off to our hotel room to wait for your luggage to be delivered. After an hour or so of it not being delivered, we called and they said it would either be on the 11:30pm delivery or 12:00am delivery shuttle. NICE! It's now Midnight and still no sign of our luggage. I'm tired and want to curl up in my comfy, newly washed, PJs I packed and go to sleep. On top of that, I miss my hunny and my dogs (who supposedly are very sad that I left). So hopefully when I write again, we will have our luggage (or I will be wearing my nice sweats suit to the site visits tomorrow)! Hopefully tomorrow goes a little bit better!

No comments: