Friday, March 21, 2008

The Kids Are Gone!!!

So the kids finally left the nest and my work-wife for the week, Pam, and I are alone at last! We had a real New York day today. The kiddos (OK, so some of them are practically my age, but I felt really old this week) left after our last site visit to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society around 11:30am. We try to end on a not-for-profit to show that there is another part of New York that isn't money-grubbing, quick-talking, and all-night working. I think we got a few students to think about that as an option, but most of them sat there and stared blankly like they were looking at people from another planet. It's hard to relate to not-for-profits when you want to "buy a Ferrari in the next five years" as one of our students said.

To move along, after our last site visit Pam and I hopped on the subway to Times Square, had a bite to eat and shopped in the M&M and Hershey's store (which is way cool)! We came back to the hotel and got prettied up for dinner at the famous Rainbow Room and "Legally Blonde" on Broadway....which was completely awesome! I'm excited we finally have enough time, and energy, to enjoy the city! Tomorrow is our last day and night here....so we're going to try to make the best of the bone-chilling wind!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi sweetie,
Just found your blog after we talked about blogs at Barrio Brewery the other night. My good friend Helena works at Leukemia Lymphoma Society in NYC - hope the visit went welll!